My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://miketice.co.cc and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 10, 2008

I like Hanson?

Before you start trying to call shenanigans against me, I need to give some background story.

I love Radiohead; Thom Yorke and company put out some of the greatest music available anywhere.  A few years ago I saw them in concert at Blossom in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, and it is still the greatest concert I have ever been to in my life. 

Since I do love me some Radiohead, I was exceptionally excited to learn that this weeks tribute episode of Coverville was going to be another Radiohead Cover Story.  Coverville, in case you have never heard of it, is a podcast produced by Brian Ibbott where he plays covers of many different songs.  There are three different types of shows; The All Request Show, Theme Shows, and Tribute Shows.  On the tribute shows they feature songs from a particular artist covered by different artists, or covers performed by that particular artist.  This weeks Radiohead cover story features all covers of their songs by other artists.

One of these covers is Optimistic, performed by Hanson

Hanson?  The mmmBopping bubble gum pop band from the late 90s that Quagmire made this awesome joke about:

That Hanson. 

It's a pretty faithful rendition of the original, they did not try to add anything extra or put their own spin on it, but overall, it just sounds pretty damn good.  In my opinion, that is.  I am not saying I am some stinking Hanson lover, I just happen to like this one cover of a wonderful Radiohead song.

Head on over to Coverville, download episode 514, and check it out for yourself.

No comments: