My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://miketice.co.cc and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

To hell with your potty training, I need URINAL training!

Once upon a time, whilst traipsing through the big box wasteland that is Wal-Mart, I happened to notice this item. Upon a few months worth of reflection, I wish that I had purchased it. My reasoning is two fold.

1. They no longer carry it, and a urinal for your house is nothing less than purely awesome. A similar item, but not quite the same. Awesome comment at the bottom though.

2. I have a son who refuses to even attempt to pee standing up.

My wife has a propensity for using the bathroom with the door open, something I have gotten used to over the years, but that doesn't make it any less bothersome. The best times are when she yells, "Invisible Wall!" I shudder a little at the thought.

Because she insists on performing her bodily functions while visible to all, my older son has watched her pee far too many times. Now, any time he wishes to pee, he wants to be just like Mommy.

Being just like Mommy means not only peeing while sitting down, but also using toilet paper to wipe his penis when he is done. I guess a couple quick shakes just aren't quite good enough for him. What does all of this mean, though?

Will he ever learn to write his name in the snow? It's a fairly easy one, no letters to dot or cross.

Will he ever get to pee in the trough at a football game? Admittedly, I refuse to use those things, but I have my reasons.

And what about the road trip, side of the road, quick piss on the shoulder, friends driving the car away while you were hiding from traffic behind the door? Doesn't work quite as well when you need to squat to pee.

Hopefully, in the near future, he will discover his desire to pee like the big boys and his future will not look quite as bleak. Until then, I will just have to continue to wish I had bought the coolest thing I have ever seen in Wal-Mart.

No comments: